Monday, April 27, 2009

Colombia

Colombia

Map picture

So headed off to Colombia hopefully soon for an internship through AIESEC.

After having a depressing experience with the Japanese Internship (the company backed off at the last moment), I have found this awesome opportunity to experience a part of the world that many of us from SE Asia, or ME don’t really think about.

I cannot say that the process has been smooth. I don’t know who to blame, but when they get to know my nationality on my passport, things automatically take a wrong term.

Transit visa’s are a pain in the ass. Plain and simple. Why do they even have these ? Like, you are too dangerous to loiter around in our airport !

I need two TRASIT VISAs. USA and UK. So yeah that makes it much more harder! I also have to fly to Egypt for a second time to get my visa from the Colombian Consulate there.

Interesting fact: There is an honorary consulate here. The consular is the VP of the Omani Olympic Committee. They do not have an office or staff. Its just him.

No matter what, I’m now determined to make this trip and get to know North America.

I hope to write back with some good news, and the ever so hard to get final confirmations.

No comments: