Friday, November 14, 2008

Innalillahi-wa-innalillahi-rajiun

This is the first time I feel I have lost someone close to my heart. Within the past two years, I have lost a lot of people in the family. But no loss felt so close.

It is with great sadness that I blog about the passing away of my grandma. She passed aways in the ICU at 3am today. She was an awesome lady. I wish I could have been with her more often. This is the problem of being away from your country. I wish I could have heard more stories from her, I wish she my kids could have seen their great grandma. But unfortunately none of these are possible anymore.

She suffered for long. She had TB and other complications with her lungs for years. She was a fighter. In the very end she had lost too much weight. Her organs couldn't hold on anymore.

I just can't begin to think what my grandpa, or dad is going through right now. My grandma is from the 70s. She got married when she was 14, had her first son (my dad) when she was 15. She passed away young. She would lie there on the bed, while my grandpa would read her things from the holy Quran. That is one thing I won't see anymore.

I wish I could cry. But that's something that I can't do !

May Allah grant her heaven. And may her soul rest in peace.

This has made me reflect on what I have with my parents. Am I doing enough ? I just hope I will be better.

2 comments:

Nafisa Mahmood said...

Hi Saqib, I am so sorry to hear about this. May Allah rest her soul in peace.

2emkay said...

Hey, very sorry to hear that. May her soul rest in peace and may God give you the strength to face these times