Friday, October 31, 2008

The irony of life

I got bored with solving this programming thing that I was doing, staying awake all night long for just one single error. You know, a normal day in the life of a nerd !! So, its early morning now and I guess I solved it. So I took a break to fix myself some breakfast. While eating, I started to think how there are so many things that can be labeled as ironies of life. So here is list that I could think up:

1. Money in the bank = Laziness. So we all chase Laziness.
2. Most chicks with great bodies are cheap.

3. Villains in movies get more girls then hero's do !

4. They all look the same naked !

5. The pleasures of wanting something pleasurable ends just when you know that you are getting it.

Good example: You wanted that dress for ages. You dream about the pleasure of owning it one day. You finally have the money to buy it. You go to the store real excited, your paying for it now.... END OF PLEASURE.

Bad example: You wanted to lay that sexy thing for ages. You dream about the pleasures of a wild night with her. You finally get what you wished for. Tonight is the night. She is laying on your bed naked... waiting for you. You know this is it....END OF PLEASURE.

6. There is no "Recycle Bin" or "Buffer memory" in real life.

7. The bigger the ship, the easier it is to sink it. This is a scientific reality as well as a metaphoric reality.

8. Your girlfriend wears your cloths : Sexy, you wear your girlfriends cloths (E.g. skirt) : Gay..

9. You may have bought it, but do you OWN it ?

10. There is always "Strings attached".

So, your girlfriend says "she is yours". You are sure she said only these three words, and nothing after or before that. So, that would mean you own her right ? I mean she is ours right ? Well try saying that to her... !!

Another real life example is this line "*conditions apply"

11. Demand is directly proportional to cost. Supply is indirectly proportional to cost. This is all that I remember from my 7th Grade Economics class. Oh yeah, and something about "elasticity".

12. Everyone wants to broadcast themselves (including me), but when they become famous, they want to keep their lives "private".

13. Everyone is no better then a leech. We make money off of someone else.

14. You should keep trying, but that's going to cost you like hell !!

15. The more money you have, the more you will make. The more money you can show, the more you will be able to loan.

16. Time and tide wait for none. So doesn't your public bus, your office staff, your ex-girlfriend when you dumped her..

That was quiet long. Need to get back to my nerdy business now. I'm sure to write a followup post to this very soon.