Friday, October 24, 2008

Finally signs of Winter...

I hate the summer's here. And they are long. Like way way too long. What else can you expect in the desert area ? Its a great thing that electricity/petrol is cheap here. Or we would be in debt by now.
But here is the good news. Its finally getting cooler. Specially during the night. Its nice and cool, with a slight breeze. Its just like autumn. But I don't think we have that here.
Its much better for us friends, cause we can hang around late at night and do "sheesha", and not sweat like hell.
That makes me think. The winter's are much cooler here, and the summers hotter. It rains more. All that is good, but its due to climate change. Which is not a good thing. I was watching this documentary on BBC about the melting of the polar caps. Man, that's some scary thing. I wounder where this is going. I wounder what is going to happen. Even in Bangladesh. We used to have all these seasons. Each was two months long and clearly distinguishable. But now, it seems to be like summer, winter and rainy season. And a bit of the others like autumn, spring. But you can't tell them apart.
I guess, Gunu happened due to climate change.

4 comments:

Nafisa Mahmood said...

dangit im missing winter in oman..grr!! winters here are merciless as you might have heard!

Lost in thought said...

Owww... lets switch .. cause I wanna see snow ... :)

2emkay said...

I remember when I was in Bahrain, it was 5 days of ice!!! and 360 days of oven heat

Lost in thought said...

@maddy

Yeah, it is. But I heard it better in Muscat. Like the winter is longer and gradual. I was in dubai recently and the summer there is worse. Too much humidity..