Friday, October 10, 2008

Back in tune

My recent trip to Dubai has been really fruitful for me, cause I got a something that I had been bugging my Dad to buy for a long long time.











There is my new Yamaha FX 310A. Just unpacked. And its got a built in pick, it from Virgin Megastore Dubai, and its expensive.... x)

Before this I had this really cheap Chinese guitar. But its got a story behind it, which makes me sad, happy and grateful. So at those times, I wanted to learn guitar and I had asked my Dad for a guitar on my Birthday. But we were going through this financial problem thing, and he could only manage the Chinese one. But I really love him for that :)

So with the purchase of this new baby, my spirit of being a professional has been renewed. I called up my old teacher. He is this awesome fellow, who's really cool and all. He's like a great friend. But most of all, he is just an awesome guitarist. I mean, when you listen to him play, even a layman would want to hold a guitar and start strumming it.

I had stopped going to him cause he lived far from me. And I have to use the public transport, which is almost no-existent here in Oman.

So I called him and got a good news that he has opened up his own institute near my house. So I got really excited and tomorrow will be my first class after a really long time.

So looking forward to a great and non-stop journey back into the world of music.

Later...

4 comments:

Nafisa Mahmood said...

saqib, that is a beautiful guitar and you totally deserve it! I am so happy for you that you will be taking guitar lessons soon! Awesome~

Lost in thought said...

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to hurting my fingers bad .. LoL

2emkay said...

Rock on dude!!! Hope ur life goes musical soon!!!

Meteor said...

wow that's great!!!

it's the born of the pro

but "musical institue" in muscat!!
cool where's that??