Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Living at the border

So, I'm in Buraimi. Next to Al-Ain. I can see the fences from my window. Its a totally different place from Muscat. My friend crosses the border everyday to go to college. The only place he has to spend his weekend is across the border.

Buraimi, is still an Omani village. Most of you will know what that means. Its like, there is nothing much, no big malls and cinemas. Not much to do really. So, most of the hang ot places are in Al-Ain.

My friend calls UAE people locals, I can use both Dirhams and rials. They go at a flat rate of 1 R.O. = 100 Dirhams. So, it pretty much a new expericence. Its like Muscat is a different country. The disdashas here are of different, the car plates are mixed. Ahh.. I can just go on and on.

Tomorow is EID, and I'm going to Dubai. So..later.

1 comment:

Nafisa Mahmood said...

Wow sounds like quite another country. I knew someone whose dad worked at Buraimi but I've never been there. At least you can add it to your 'places i've visited' list :-D. Uff amar onek mishti/halwa/biryani khete icha korche.siiiiii