Tuesday, September 30, 2008

EID

For people who don't live in arab countries, the whole month of ramadan is like a festival. Don't be narrow minded and think thats all we do. Its about worship and fasting and giving to the poor. But there is also shopping and late night hang out. That I'll miss this the most. In this month its like the whole city is awake till the early hours of dawn. We go around and hang out late, everyday, have shisha (water tobacco). Its soo awesome.

So now as ramadan comes to an end, I'm a bit sad. Everything will get back to its old self. And no more late night hang outs everyday :(

Wishing you all EID Mubarak.

2 comments:

2emkay said...

I really enjoyed when I was there..It was like life started in the evning...meeting people..get togethers and all..really fun. Not that much here in India

Nafisa Mahmood said...

Eid Mubarak Saqib! Hope you have a lot of fun and great food (I miss it a lot!). Take care :)