Saturday, September 20, 2008

Boring movie to end the boring week

So, Oman can get boring sometimes... OK.... all the time. And so to end this boring week, I decided to watch a boring Hindi movie. Its called "Hijack"

I was beginning to wonder, when will Bollywood make a movie about hijacking a plane. And they did !! Yaa .. (read sarcastic). Its bad how they once again show Islamic terrorists hijack an Indian plane. So hate the stereotype.

There is nothing to talk about this movie. The plane gets hijacked and the hero saves the day. With a few occasional shootings and cold blooded murder. I don't understand why I don't like the tech used in Hindi cinema, its never the same as in English movies. It seems sooo fake. And how they show every single person (from the airport authority to the head of anti-terorism group) is in on the plot. And the hijackers wants to fly to Dubai .. LoL

There are no love stuff here. The hero saves the day, cause his daughter is on board the plane. At the end you come to know its based on some real story. They show a history of hijacked planes, just before the credits roll. Did you know the first case of hijacked airlines was in 1931 ? I guess these were the only interesting thing about the movie.

While coming out, I saw the next change would be "kidnap". They already did "murder" whats left ? Rape ??

4 comments:

Nafisa Mahmood said...

you should be like a real movie reviewer :) you're good!

Lost in thought said...

LoL, Naa.. I don't really watch movies, until my friends drag me to the movies.. :)

RVB said...

The move is loosely based on the IC814 hijacking in 1999.
Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Airlines_Flight_814

Lost in thought said...

Thanks fot the info rvb